WASHINGTON, DC / USA TODAY / Breaking News /
April 16, 2009
Longtime NFL broadcaster John Madden has retired. NBC just announced the move in a statement:
"It's time. I'm 73 years old. My 50th wedding anniversary is this fall. I have two great sons and their families and my five grandchildren are at an age now when they know when I'm home and, more importantly, when I'm not ... I still love every part of it - the travel, the practices, the game film, the games, seeing old friends and meeting new people... but I know this is the right time."
Photo by Martin E. Klimek for USA TODAY
For more on this story, go to http://www.usatoday.com.
© 2009 USA TODAY
Remember ME - You Me and Dementia
April 16, 2009
USA: Broadcaster John Madden Has Plenty of Good Reasons To Retire From TV
.
WASHINGTON, DC / USA TODAY / Breaking News /
April 16, 2009
Longtime NFL broadcaster John Madden has retired. NBC just announced the move in a statement:
"It's time. I'm 73 years old. My 50th wedding anniversary is this fall. I have two great sons and their families and my five grandchildren are at an age now when they know when I'm home and, more importantly, when I'm not ... I still love every part of it - the travel, the practices, the game film, the games, seeing old friends and meeting new people... but I know this is the right time."
Photo by Martin E. Klimek for USA TODAY
For more on this story, go to http://www.usatoday.com.
© 2009 USA TODAY
WASHINGTON, DC / USA TODAY / Breaking News /
April 16, 2009
Longtime NFL broadcaster John Madden has retired. NBC just announced the move in a statement:
"It's time. I'm 73 years old. My 50th wedding anniversary is this fall. I have two great sons and their families and my five grandchildren are at an age now when they know when I'm home and, more importantly, when I'm not ... I still love every part of it - the travel, the practices, the game film, the games, seeing old friends and meeting new people... but I know this is the right time."
Photo by Martin E. Klimek for USA TODAY
For more on this story, go to http://www.usatoday.com.
© 2009 USA TODAY